1. Sign up for our Summer Reading Program. Earn prizes for reading or listening to books.
3. Visit a museum. Use your library card to check out free passes or discounts to select museums through the Michigan Activity Pass program.
4. Play outside. Check out Go Out and Play for game suggestions.
5. Learn a magic trick. See these books for ideas.
6. Create a craft project. Try paper crafts, dinosaur crafts, American girls' crafts, origami, or browse the children's 700 section for additional ideas.
7. Go camping in your backyard or away from home.
8. Explore a state park. Check out a Michigan Big Green Gym pass from our library for a free entrance pass into any state park or recreation area. Choose your state park by visiting the Michigan DNR Parks and Trails Directory.
9. Visit the Hack House.
10. Plant a garden. Try one of these books for ideas: Show Me How I Can Grow Things, Green Thumbs: A Kid's Activity Guide to Indoor and Outdoor Gardening, and The Book of Gardening Projects for Kids.
What are you planning to do this summer?