If you have already seen Curbside information on our website, you can skip to the youth-specific part of this page here. The rest is general information repeated from our website.
Here are the basics:
- Reserve or request items.
- Wait for notification that items are ready.
- Come to the library during our current hours (see below) and call us from your vehicle (phone number is on the signs outside).
- Library staff will bring items out to you and place them in your trunk or on the curb.
WHAT HOURS IS CURBSIDE SERVICE AVAILABLE?
HOW DO I REQUEST ITEMS FOR CURBSIDE PICKUP?
- Place a reserve on items through our online catalog here (most efficient).
- Fill out this form for help choosing books for children and teens.
- Call the library during open hours at 734-439-1240 to request items.
- Email the library at email@example.com.
HOW DO I REQUEST ITEMS IN THE CATALOG FOR PICKUP?
- Go to milanlibrary.org and click on the Catalog/My Account link or go directly to our catalog here.
- Log in to your account with your library card number and password. If you don’t recall your password, give us a call during open hours and we will help you reset it.
- Find the item(s) you are interested in and click on “place a hold”. You'll see a pop-up box that says Reserve Placed when it has been reserved.
HOW DO I CHOOSE BOOKS IF I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR?
- Youth staff members can help choose books for children and teens. Let us know what subjects and formats you like and how many items you want on the form here. We'll select items for you based on the information you provide.
- You can see some book lists here.
- You can search our catalog for new items, items on a subject of interest, and more. Click here to see tips for getting the best results when you search our catalog.
- If you have questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE TO PICK UP?
- Please allow 48 hours for items to be located and placed on hold for you.
- We will call you or email you to let you know that your items are ready for pickup.
HOW DO I PICK UP MY STUFF?
- AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED YOUR ITEMS ARE READY, pull up near (but not right in front of) the book drop box.
- Call the library (734-439-1240) to let us know you’re here and your name.
- A staff member will bring out your items in a bag and can place them either in your trunk (please open when you arrive) OR at the curb near your car.
- Staff will stay 6 feet away from you at all times and will wear masks. We ask that you stay in your car and/or wear a mask if you need to get out of it for any reason.
HOW DO I RETURN ITEMS TO THE LIBRARY?
- As the library building is still closed, ALL ITEMS MUST BE RETURNED IN THE BOOK DROP outside the library.
- If you have an oversize item to return, please call us to make special arrangements.
- This is so that we can quarantine returned items for the appropriate period of time as determined by the CDC and other authorities.