Summer vacation begins for many of you today. Are you looking for things to do this summer? Try these:
1. Sign up for our Summer Reading Program and read or listen to books.
2. Attend programs at the library. See our calendar of events here.
3. Play outside. Check out Go Out and Play for game suggestions.
4. Learn a magic trick. See these books for ideas.
5. Create a craft project. Try paper crafts, dinosaur crafts, American girls' crafts, origami, or browse the children's 700 section for additional ideas.
6. Go camping in your backyard or away from home.
7. Explore a state park. Check out a Park and Read pass from our library for free admission.
8. Visit the Hack House.
9. Watch the Olympics and learn more about them in these books.
10. Plant a garden. Try one of these books for ideas: Show Me How I Can Grow Things, Green Thumbs: A Kid's Activity Guide to Indoor and Outdoor Gardening, and The Book of Gardening Projects for Kids.
What are your favorite things to do during the summer?